Suresh Babu Linga schrieb:
> Hi..
>
> I am Suresh. I have a doubt regarding the usage of the Kannal SMS
> Gateway. I have red that Kannel is mainly being developed on Linux
> systems So can i use the kannal in the windows operating system.
>
> I have requirement where i have send send SMS from the website and i am
> using windows Operation system.
>
> Please help me in this regards.

Kannel does compile and run under the Cygwin 1.x POSIX.1 layer for Win32
systems. In fact there seem to be some "bogus things" going on the the pthreads
layer of Cygwin.

Please consider applying the following patch to the CVS HEAD source tree, before
compiling, which "should" make the system more stable on Cygwin (Win32):

  http://www.kannel.org/~tolj/cygwin/cygwin-conn.c.diff

Proceed as follows:

  $ cd ~/src/kannel
  $ wget http://www.kannel.org/~tolj/cygwin/cygwin-conn.c.diff
  $ cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvs login
  $ cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvs co gateway
  $ cd gateway
  $ patch -p0 < ../cygwin-conn.c.diff
  $ ./configure && make

The patch uses pthread native mutex structs in the gwlib/conn.c module, rather
then our own mapped ones. I still don't know exactly how this affects Cygwin
stability, but for my runtime experiments it has been far better with the patch.

Please no further questions regarding basic "How do I compile this on Win32"
questions. This is out of scope of the mailing list ;)

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org