why not.

meanwhile doing this (contacting manufacturers)
we should in a first step make a program to test the device.
And give it to the ML and ask people to test their device and contribute as it. This test program *should* be really user firendly. I mean just
copy/paste the results and submit it on a web form for example

Personnaly i have more than 10 "test mobile device" that i can test and report.

Vincent.

Stipe Tolj a écrit :
Alejandro Guerrieri schrieb:
BTW, did anyone tried the Wavecom Fasttrack M1213A-ON or the M1206B?

Any known issues?

no clue... which brings me again to an other topic:

Why the hell don't we (Kannel, as by far most used SMS gateway with GSM modem
capabilities) get all the GSM modems (one device per series) by the vendors for
testing and confirming?

Suggestion: we could begin with a "Kannel certified" list on our website, that
states which GSM modems have been confirmed to work without problems. Then
approach the GSM modem vendors and ask them to send in devices for testing as
donations. Does that make sense?

Stipe

--
Telemaque - 06560 SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS - (FR)
Service Technique/Reseau - NOC