  From: Alejandro Guerrieri
  To: Nikos Balkanas
  Cc: Jarek Guzik ; users@kannel.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:39 PM
  Subject: Re: DLR DB processing

  With SQLBox you mean MS SQL Server I guess? ;)

  Regards,

  Alex

  On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Nikos Balkanas <nbalka...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Interesting. Didn't know that about sqlite. If I summarize:

    Oracle: Locks only inserted row.
    Mysql: Locks entire table.
    sqlite: Locks entire DB. Also no network connectivity. Only for all-in-one
box installations.

    I will be doing new installations to clients. My responsibility ends in
recommending a suitable DB and building the appropriate support in kannel. The
way I see it, it is between Postgres (for heavier traffic) and Mysql (faster,
lighter load). SQLBox is descent, too, but I try to avoid Windows servers.

    Thanx,
    Nikos

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alejandro Guerrieri"
<aguerri...@kannel.org>