Hi Beatrice,

Try setting a very low message validity. Search on this page:

http://kannel.org/download/1.4.3/userguide-1.4.3/userguide.html

for "validityperiod".

You should be able to test this yourself by setting a very low validity, turning off your phone, sending yourself a message then waiting 10 minutes or so, turning your phone on and ensuring you do not receive the message.

Cheers,
Iain