On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 02:07, Dennis Low Weng Kin wrote:
> Can you give me some guidance and link to accomplish what you've just
> mentioned?

I don't have that for modem/phone or kannel but here is what I use for
mounting mp4 player (line from /etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules):
SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", ATTRS{model}=="Chip PMP USBDISK", NAME="katmp1",
GROUP="plugdev", RUN+="/usr/local/sbin/mount_kat1.sh"

and the "/usr/local/sbin/mount_kat1.sh" script is really simple:
#!/bin/sh
/bin/mount -o group=plugdev /dev/katmp1 /media/katmp

That's just idea. I hope you know the rest.

> > Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:59:36 +0200
> > From: m...@arvanta.net
> > To: users@kannel.org
> > Subject: Re: Unplugging USB GSM Modem and replugging
> > On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 11:25, seikath wrote:
> > > i know udev rule is not reliable, because its executed at boot time
> > > again,
> > > parse the dmesg each time you start/stop kannel , reset proper simlink
> > > and use cronted monitoring script to check the kannel state and according
> > > to the state to use the start/stop srcipt
> > udev rules can be configured to execute scripts/program when the udev
> > receive notification from kernel. Script can restart kannel when it
> > detects that USB modem connected.

[...]
> See all the ways you can stay connected to friends and family
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx

Why that advertisment here?

--
Kind regards,  Milan