Dennis Low Weng Kin schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I read about a piece of hardware called the GSM Modem pool. It is
> consists of 8 GSM module combined together into a single casing and it
> is connected to the PC through a RJ45 cable. I am planning to buy the
> GSM Modem pool but I am not sure whether kannel can support it.
> Therefore, my question is:
>
>    1. Does anybody out there have experience with Kannel and a GSM Modem
>       pool? Is it possible?
>    2. If possible, how do I edit the configuration file to use kannel
>       with it?

it does! ... there are several companies (of which I can't name any) that use
large scaled GSM modem pools with Kannel, and even with my Kannel SMPP v3.4
server (smppbox) to act as vSMSC bulk service via SMPP to 3rd party customers.

Usually they go with a stack of Digi PortServer TS/16.

If you need further assistance as commercial support, kindly let me know.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org