Try sending the already encoded URL to smsbox HTTP API:
test%20l'e%20%C3%A9%20%C3%A7%20%C3%A0%20%40%20%C3%AA

If you need to encode some more sample text you can use this tool:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/

On 05/06/2011 10:09 a.m., Rene Kluwen wrote:

Issue the correct charset when sending through the http interface. Kannel should be able to convert it.

*From:*Emmanuel CHANSON [mailto:emmanuelchan...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Sunday, 05 June, 2011 14:03
*To:* Rene Kluwen
*Cc:* users
*Subject:* Re: Charset encofing problem using sqlbox

ç replaced by *Ç* and ê replaced by ? is smsc-related. You will notice that if you do not have sqlbox in between then you will get the same results.

*==> So how can I send and receive these corrects characters ? I tried unicode but same result. When you said smsc-related you you mean GSM modem in my case ? I am using GSM modem to send SMS.*

About the different tables: Try to change the msg_data field from text to blob.

*==> I changed send_sms/sent_sms sqlbox table msgdata field from text to blob but same result.*

Thanks

Emmanuel