Hello,

Doing a little more research on kannel documentation, I've solved the
problem. For future reference to someone cheking the log on the list:

If you have omit-empty = true on sms-service and
on the smsbox group you configure:

reply-couldnotfetch = ""

Kannel will be silent when no content is fetched from the url and will
reply only if something is found.

Regards,
Rudy