Opensmppbox just does what it claims. That is smpp and nothing more.

You might have some luck with the commercial smppbox.

From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of Gilbert Perez
Sent: woensdag 30 januari 2013 10:34
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: help me please!! how to test emiucp configuratio :( badly needs
some help..!

now i understand that kannel supports emiucp only as client. but as of the
moment, i want to test it without external device such as gsm modem whatnot,
so may i know what software/addon may i download to implement a virtual
server that is compatible with emiucp client? i've already tried and run
opensmppbox but i always receive errors such as connection closed..
wait_for_ack and couldnt connect to sms center, retrying in 10 sec... is
there something such as emibox which i can configure as well? i've also
tried finding emibox on the internet but found no related results...

if opensmppbox indeed could work with emi ucp client, may you please tell me
what is the proper configuration?

here  is my opensmppbox.conf:

group = opensmppbox

opensmppbox-id = SMPP

opensmppbox-port = 15887

bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1

bearerbox-port = 15885

our-system-id = smpp

smpp-logins = /usr/local/src/gateway-1.4.3/smpplogins.txt

use-systemid-as-smsboxid = true

route-to-smsc = emi

#log-file = /usr/local/src/gateway-1.4.3/logs/smppbox.log

and here is my smskannel.conf

group = core

admin-port = 15885

smsbox-port = 15886

admin-password = bar

#status-password = foo

#admin-deny-ip = ""

#admin-allow-ip = ""

#log-file = "/tmp/kannel.log"

#log-level = 0

box-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"

box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"

#unified-prefix = "+358,00358,0;+,00"

#access-log = "/tmp/access.log"

#store-file = "kannel.store"

#ssl-server-cert-file = "cert.pem"

#ssl-server-key-file = "key.pem"

#ssl-certkey-file = "mycertandprivkeyfile.pem"

group = smsc

smsc = fake

smsc-id = FAKE

port = 15889

connect-allow-ip = 127.0.0.1

group = smsc

smsc = smpp

host = 127.0.0.1

port = 15888

receive-port = 15887

smsc-username = tester

smsc-password = foobar

system-type = kannel

#address-range = ""

group = smsc

smsc = emi

host = 127.0.0.1

port = 15887

smsc-username = tester

smsc-password = foobar

keepalive = 55

our-port = 600 (optional bind in our end)

receive-port = 15877

idle-timeout = 30

group = smsbox

bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1

sendsms-port = 13152

global-sender = 13152

#sendsms-chars = "0123456789 +-"

#log-file = "/tmp/smsbox.log"

#log-level = 0

#access-log = "/tmp/access.log"

group = sendsms-user

username = tester

password = foobar

#user-deny-ip = ""

#user-allow-ip = ""

group = sms-service

keyword = nop

text = "You asked nothing and I did it!"

group = sms-service

keyword = default

text = "No service specified"

you may point out as well what went wrong in my .conf files above :) thanks!