now i understand that kannel supports emiucp only as client. but as of the
moment, i want to test it without external device such as gsm modem whatnot, so
may i know what software/addon may i download to implement a virtual server
that is compatible with emiucp client? i've already tried and run opensmppbox
but i always receive errors such as connection closed.. wait_for_ack and
couldnt connect to sms center, retrying in 10 sec... is there something such as
emibox which i can configure as well? i've also tried finding emibox on the
internet but found no related results...

if opensmppbox indeed could work with emi ucp client, may you please tell me
what is the proper configuration?

here  is my opensmppbox.conf:

group = opensmppbox
opensmppbox-id = SMPP
opensmppbox-port = 15887
bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1
bearerbox-port = 15885
our-system-id = smpp
smpp-logins = /usr/local/src/gateway-1.4.3/smpplogins.txt
use-systemid-as-smsboxid = true
route-to-smsc = emi
#log-file = /usr/local/src/gateway-1.4.3/logs/smppbox.log

and here is my smskannel.conf

group = core
admin-port = 15885
smsbox-port = 15886
admin-password = bar
#status-password = foo
#admin-deny-ip = ""
#admin-allow-ip = ""
#log-file = "/tmp/kannel.log"
#log-level = 0
box-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
#unified-prefix = "+358,00358,0;+,00"
#access-log = "/tmp/access.log"
#store-file = "kannel.store"
#ssl-server-cert-file = "cert.pem"
#ssl-server-key-file = "key.pem"
#ssl-certkey-file = "mycertandprivkeyfile.pem"

group = smsc
smsc = fake
smsc-id = FAKE
port = 15889
connect-allow-ip = 127.0.0.1

group = smsc
smsc = smpp
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 15888
receive-port = 15887
smsc-username = tester
smsc-password = foobar
system-type = kannel
#address-range = ""

group = smsc
smsc = emi
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 15887
smsc-username = tester
smsc-password = foobar
keepalive = 55
our-port = 600 (optional bind in our end)
receive-port = 15877
idle-timeout = 30

group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1
sendsms-port = 13152
global-sender = 13152
#sendsms-chars = "0123456789 +-"
#log-file = "/tmp/smsbox.log"
#log-level = 0
#access-log = "/tmp/access.log"

group = sendsms-user
username = tester
password = foobar
#user-deny-ip = ""
#user-allow-ip = ""

group = sms-service
keyword = nop
text = "You asked nothing and I did it!"

group = sms-service
keyword = default
text = "No service specified"

you may point out as well what went wrong in my .conf files above :) thanks!