 From: spameden <spame...@gmail.com>
To: Manuri Perera <forums.d...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "users@kannel.org" <users@kannel.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:54 AM
Subject: Re: Using Kannel for the first time - do country and service provider
matter?

I'd recommend using SMSC provider instead of the phone/modem.

Any SMPP-service will suit your needs, just google a bit and you'll find much
better rates (especially if you're sending a LOT of messages) comparing to the
usual modem/phone SMS rates.

There are also constantly poping up problems with kannel when using
modems/phones.

With SMPP-based SMSC you'd get much better speed in sending.

For MO messages (Inbound) you'd need a GSM modem/phone ofc or rent it from
operator.

Hello friends,