2013/11/27 Jeff Thorn <j...@thorntechnologies.com>

> I see. So does that mean the the DLRs I am seeing on the transmit binds
> are only status 8s? Would the volume of 8 messages impact the sending of
> other status from the SMSC? I am trying to understand the cause of the
> error from the operator "Window on receiver link full".

"Window on receiver" means your sending rate is much higher than your
operator allows you to.

max-pending-submits - basically means "the window" - the number of
submit_sm's without response.
also there is throughput parameter which controls the actual number of
submit_sm's per second (acknowledged).

well, volume of DLR=8 is equal to number of MT's you're pushing.

but kannel receives DLR=8 from bearerbox not the SMSC operator.

do you use sqlbox at all? also try adding an index on dlr table (smsc_id,
ts).

> I appreciate your help with this. We are definitely doing a considerable
> volume. We do report the status of 8s. So I am thinking I may need to tune
> the mysql dlr database.

Most likely, try sending same amount of MTs without DLR and using internal
kannel storage.

Btw, what's the kannel version you're on? Better use latest revision from
SVN, it's considered to be production stable.

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM, spameden <spame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 2013/11/27 Jeff Thorn <j...@thorntechnologies.com>
>>
>>> The documentation says to set receive-port = 0 to disable I/O on this
>>> bind. I tested this on the one sample config I posted and it had no effect.
>>> Our other binds look like this and they too are receiving DLRs. What should
>>> be changed to make this a "pure transmitter bind"?  Will DLRs be received
>>> on pure transmitter binds?
>>>

>> That's correct. As I said before status=8 kannel sends DLR itself to
>> report that submit_sm was accepted. So if you don't want status=8 you need
>> to use appropriate dlr_mask, i.e. dlr_mask=1+2+16=19 (for rejected
>> messages, delivered, and failed).
>>

>>> group = smsc
>>> smsc = smpp
>>> smsc-id = s-send-1