Hi Juan,
That is an interesting approach. Are you saying that if a bind has an
smsc-id of "bind-a" but I add allowed-smsc-id with a value of "bind-b" then
only messages that have the "smsc=bind-b" in the sendsms URL will get
routed to that bind? It doesn't seem like that should work. Am I
understanding your suggestion properly?

Thanks!

Jeff

On Apr 26, 2014 10:26 AM, "Juan Nin" <jua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Use the same smsc-id on all of them, but different allowed-smsc-id on
each.
> That way the DLRs will all use the smsc-id, but you use the
allowed-smsc-id to route your MTs.

> Also use smsc-admin-id so that you can start/stop/whatever each bind
individually

> Regards
>

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Jeff Thorn <j...@thorntechnologies.com>
wrote:

>> Thanks for the response spamden. That is very unfortunate. We have a
legitimate need to have different smsc-ids but have only one account. How
feasible would it be to use meta data or some other way to match the
sending smsc-id instead of the receiving smsc-id?  If all else fails, what
is the risk of matching the DLR on destination and timestamp alone?

>> The reason we need multiple smsc-id is because we are routing
interactive messages to binds that are less active since many of our other
binds may have several thousand messages queued at any given time. If using
multiple smsc-ids is not a valid approach, is there some other way to
accomplish what we are trying to do. Perhaps the "priority" field is what
we need? How does the priority field affect MT messages on a bind that
already has several thousand messages queued for sending by kannel?

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jeff

the same smsc-id. We specifically need different smsc-ids so our
interactive messages can be delivered in real time and not get queued with
our bulk messages.

>>> Only if you use same bind server and same login you need to use same
smsc-id parameter. Because remote server doesn't know through which
connection it should send DLR report.

smsc-id that the message was sent from? Otherwise, I don't understand why
there is an option to specify different smsc-ids.

>>> It's always the same from which it was sent, just make sure you don't
have same credentials / same server specified more than once.

interested in it id<xxxxxx> dst<xxxxxxx>, type<1>

queue in kannel) or interactive messaging (which is less frequent).

on one bind (bind-b), but the original MT was sent from a different bind
(bind-a). In the DLR database table, the message with the same id and dst
exists, but the smsc value is different (bind-a vs bind-b).