On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 02:37, MOSES KARIUKI wrote:
> Sorry for that. The copy of config files was deleting empty lines. I
> managed to clear it. Please guide me in configuring opensmppbox on the
> kannel.

OK. Here it is:

First, remove all instances of the kannel from machine i.e. installed
using apt or compiled locally and installed using 'make install'

Remove or archive/move all config files to some place.

Then, and only then do the next:

Add repository to /etc/apt/sources.list file
deb http://www.arvanta.net/apt/ wheezy main

Download my public key and install it with:
wget -q -O- http://www.arvanta.net/apt/dists/wheezy/Release.gpg | sudo apt-key
add -

Update apt
apt-get update

Install:
apt-get install 'package name'
example:
apt-get install kannel
apt-get install kannel-opensmppbox

Then you will have installed kannel 1.5.0 and opensmppbox which is
included with this kannel version in addons directory.

Read the documentation and then edit config files.

N.B. I didn't made opensmppbox init script because I never used
opensmppbox for anything serious, just played with it.

N.B. Download link is behind DSL so expect really slow download of the
files.