Always copy to kannel list so everybody read it and may other have opinions
about it or benefit of it.

I’m pretty sure it was a mistake with the link, in the beginning, 8 years ago…,
we tried this usb modem but due to the HW and SW versions by this time it
wasn’t an option for us, this why we keep going with them up to now.

Serial version has been very reliable for us, even last year when we change HW
and SW and used the serial to usb converter they become even more stable,
actually using kannel svn-r5104.

Here is one modem config stract:

group = smsc

smsc-id = modem1