Hello Joe and Kannel community:

I am facing the same issue as you described.
Wondering if you have found a solution to your problem as I don't see
a follow-up from you on this.
Similarly to you and for obvious redundancy reasons, I have two
separate bearerbox and the upstream has multiple SMSC and will
sometimes deliver concatenated messages over different SMPP binds and
therefore messages ends-up split in between my two servers, preventing
the re-assembly and timely delivery of messages.

One idea would be to cluster the bearerbox together by having a shared
database table where they could write each parts of a multi-part
message.  The bearerbox instance in the cluster which receives the
last part (will determine this from the UDH) is responsible for
concatenating the message to its original form and proceed to hand-off
and finally update the database entry status.
It would require switching a global bearerbox setting for concatenated
message processing.  Either *standalone which is current behavior to
wait for all parts or *clustered where is would implement the database
storage.
I'd like to hear feedback from the community about this idea.

tnx