Hi,

For the case where you are not getting the DLRs, you need to check with
operator. It's a painful troubleshooting because in huge volume of SMS
traffic, operators don't like to take traces for a single SMS. But they
would ask for tcpdump from your side, and you should take one. One thing:
Are you using multiple instances of same SMPP account? This is a classical
DLR vanishing issue I faced, until I figured out the problem. You should
stop using multiple accounts of same SMPP connection and then check DLRs.

You cannot really do anything on EXPIRED messages. One tweak is to identify
undelivered messages at programming level, set a threshold counter of 3 for
such messages, and re-attempt the submission. But this needs to be done at
programming level, kannel cannot do this.