On 04/12/2017 05:37 PM, Matthias Henze wrote:

> Am 12.04.2017 um 17:20 schrieb Martijn Brinkers:
>> On 04/11/2017 10:18 PM, Matthias Henze wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after the update to the latest version upstream verification does no
>>> longer work for some reason. Postfix main.cf looks ok to me. I see:

>>> djigzo_reject_unverified_recipient = reject
>>> djigzo_unverified_recipient_reject_code = 550
>>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
>>> reject_unauth_destination
>>>     ${djigzo_rbl_clients}
>>>     ${djigzo_reject_unverified_recipient? reject_unverified_recipient}
>>>
>>> I've no clue why Postfix does not verify the mail addresses.
>>
>> Why do you think Postfix is not verifying an email address?
>
> Doped mails by telnet to invalid addresses an then ...
>
>> Did you receive an email for an invalid email address?
>
> ... revived error mails. As well as sending mails from external accounts
> and then revived error mails

SMTP verification works by checking whether the next server accepts the
email address by sending a RCPT TO SMTP command. If the remote server
does not complain, then Postfix will assume the recipient is valid and
this result cached for some time. Could it be that the next server does
not validate the recipients? i.e., that it always returns that a
recipient is valid?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

https://www.ciphermail.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail