I'm on 4.1.0.

I can add the following findings:

The client certificate is issued by this root: CN=D-TRUST CA 2-1 2015,
O=D-Trust GmbH, L=Berlin, C=DE

http://www.d-trust.net/cgi-bin/D-TRUST_CA_2-1_2015.crt

It is issued by: CN=COMODO RSA Certification Authority, O=COMODO CA Limited,
L=Salford, ST=Greater Manchester, C=GB

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/969/108/root-comodo-rsa-certification-authority-sha-2

When Ciphermail displays the root CN=D-TRUST CA 2-1 2015, O=D-Trust GmbH,
L=Berlin, C=DE the Comodo root is not displayed as link. So I guess that
Chipermail is for some reason not able to resolve the chain. Why?