On 08/11/15 20:28, jd1008 wrote:
> On 08/11/2015 04:13 PM, g wrote:
<<>>

>> try entering *complete* _http_ / _https_ address. _not_ just engine name.
>>
>> also, if does not work, enter word search in "Search:" bar and with search
>> direction pointing down so i can compare to mine easier. ty.
>>

> Did that, and again it does not change the search engine in the main
> General tab.
> See
> https://www.sendspace.com/file/qzpkw9

ok.

3 problems:

 #1 "What we have here is failure to communicate."
 #2 "What we have here is difference between 'about:config'."
 #3 "What we have here is one hell of a lot of changes at Mozilla.org."

3 solutions:

 #1 hopeless. you missed paragraph starting with "also,".
    not a problem as i was able to zoom your snapshot to read
    what your 'about:config' showed for 'browser', tho i _also_
    wanted to see what you had for word *search*. my bad because
    i failed to accent "enter word *search* in "Search:" bar". :-)

 #2 not that big of a problem, your extras are not important.

 #3 because of changes at Mozilla.org, i need to run some new
    searches at Mozilla.org to see where they now have what you
    need to do to get your search engines "running on all 8".

comment:

i found a new page that tells about search engines and it appears
that there have been some changes. i believe you are going to have
to add a plugin or two, not sure where they are, so it will take
some time to find where moz .org has moved rest of info. therefore,
i do not believe i can find everything in a short time.

possibly another reader may have already been thru this and can give
you a quick answer.

--

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.