On 08/13/15 11:48, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On 08/13/2015 12:43 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
<<>>

>> I would still copy the entire /home to the new machine, all the same,
>> but that's just me.
>
> I did not want to copy all the hidden directories, as I don't know all
> that they do and what may be different between releases. I DO copy
> .ssh, .svn, and .vnc, but that is pretty much it. And I do have a user
> crontab, but that lives elsewhere.

if you "cp -R" your ~/.mozilla and ~/.thunderbird directories to your
f22 system, you will maintain settings you have in f21.

only problems that you may/might/will have is if the firefox and
thunderbird versions in f22 is later than f21.

mainly, you may/will/might have conflicts with old add-ons.

other problem are:

  rendering engines are diff.
  maybe if sqlite prog has changes.

if you can mount your ~/ drive from f21 box in f22 box, you will have
an easier time with f22 moz progs if you have need to import anything.

to make imports, you will need to also install f21 to f22 box so that
you can boot f21 and run moz progs to do exporting.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.