On 08/13/2015 01:19 PM, g wrote:

On 08/13/15 11:48, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
<<>>

I would still copy the entire /home to the new machine, all the same,
but that's just me.
I did not want to copy all the hidden directories, as I don't know all
that they do and what may be different between releases. I DO copy
.ssh, .svn, and .vnc, but that is pretty much it. And I do have a user
crontab, but that lives elsewhere.

if you "cp -R" your ~/.mozilla and ~/.thunderbird directories to your
f22 system, you will maintain settings you have in f21.

THANKS.  Got it now.

only problems that you may/might/will have is if the firefox and
thunderbird versions in f22 is later than f21.

I run Thunderbird from scripts, as I have 4 copies running, each with their own mail directories (and each with multiple mail accounts). An example of one of the scripts is:

export MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
thunderbird -profile ~/data/htt/Mail &
export -n MOZ_NO_REMOTE

I have been do this at least since '06. Running multiple Thunderbirds MIGHT be easier now, but it seems to work fine this way.

mainly, you may/will/might have conflicts with old add-ons.

I installed adblock plus (my only Firefox add-on) before messing with this. Thuderbird is another issue. I have lost track of extensions and add-ons, but as they are kept by mail tree, they tend to move ok.

other problem are:

   rendering engines are diff.
   maybe if sqlite prog has changes.

if you can mount your ~/ drive from f21 box in f22 box, you will have
an easier time with f22 moz progs if you have need to import anything.

to make imports, you will need to also install f21 to f22 box so that
you can boot f21 and run moz progs to do exporting.