Am 16.08.2015 um 22:09 schrieb Joe Zeff:
The workaround is to check/var/cache/akmods/nvidia/.last.log after a
new kernel has been installed but before booting. If it shows an error
(jump to the end of the file) you still have time to manually install
the new rpm before rebooting.

Two things: first, doesn't akmod run at boot, which would mean that the lock is gone. Second, why not just use last /var/cache/akmods/nvidia/.last.log to go right to the part you need to see?

For reasons I don't know this doesn't work after a kernel upgrade. What I have to do in this case:
Konsole output
sudo /usr/sbin/akmods --force
and then rboot.