On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 19:10 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 08/16/2015 07:08 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> > > and everyone just uses dnf & akmod-nvidia..
> >
> > Actually, I use both kmod and akmod on my desktop.  This way, if
> > there's a kmod ready, it saves a bit of time when I reboot; if not,
> > akmod will take care of it.
> what? not sure I understand.. what is the difference between kmod &
> akmod...

kmod is the actual kernel module that gets loaded at boot time. akmod
is the system for building a new version of it for each new kernel.
Just to make it more confusing, you can also download and install kmod
rpm's directly without using akmod, but that only works if they already
exist in some repo (typically rpmfusion), which sometimes takes a while
after a new kernel appears.

poc