On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 02:37:56PM -0500, dwoody5654 wrote:
> I have F21 but it also did the same thing on F20.
> I use the java program thinkorswim from TDAmeritrade.
>
> From the desktop computer, the program works correctly.
>
> The laptop computer has a problem.
> The first screen displays correctly. The second screen that is for
> logging in has a lot of vertical graphics with black/white blocks.
> The screen is not readable but if you put the mouse at the correct
> place I am able to login.
>
> After the applications is loaded, the rest of the application runs
> correctly.
>
> This has only happened on laptops (2 laptops different brands, both F21).
> Both laptops work correctly otherwise.
>
> When I remote login from my desktop to the laptop and run the
> application all screens display correctly on the desktop monitor.
>
> I thought that I was missing a font on the laptop, but both laptop
> and desktop have the same fonts.
>
> Has anyone seen similar problems.
>
> Any ideas for what to check next?

Wild guess here: these laptops have Nvidia chipsets and are using
the open-source Nouveau video driver...

your desktop(s) may or may not have nvidia and therefore may or may
not be using Nouveau, but even if both are true, it's almost cfertainly
a different Nvidia chipset, one with better support.

So, if my wild guess is true, you may wish to try installing the
correct nvidia driver on one of the laptops to see if it helps.
You can get Nvidia drivers for fedora from the elrepo repository.

Good luck!