On 10/19/2015 11:59 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
On 10/19/2015 10:32 AM, jd1008 wrote:
Did I?
I thought I said my external drive is usb3.0 with Micro-B connector
and my laptop has eSata female port.

Yes, you misinterpreted what I wrote. You said that you want to connect a drive with USB interface to an eSata port on your laptop. The information for the product you listed does the opposite of that, as evidenced by the quote I included from its description.

Howver, what I read about this item is that
it can be used in either direction:
eSata device to usb port on laptop
usb3 device to esata port on laptop.

I don't see anything on the page which indicates that.

Interesting. I will talk to their tech support to be sure.