On 10/19/2015 11:50 AM, jd1008 wrote:
The good news is I found a much less expensive device on ebay which
also will pass power through my laptop's powered eSata port out
to female usb port and female eSata port (only one can be used at a time).

If you have an eSatap port, you can connect an eSata device, or a USB device, because the port is a combination of both. However, that isn't going to help you connect a USB 3 device to the eSata port. The adapter you found merely connects a USB device to the USB portion of the eSatap port. And, if your laptop doesn't have USB 3, then you're just going to get a USB 2 connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATAp