On 04/12/16 13:25, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
I have a pc which initially had a single drive with F23 installed on it,
running perfectly. Now I just added a second drive and I installed again
F23 on it, with the intent of using the first drive for data only. So now
I have two perfectly good F23s installed on separate drives and I can
boot either one of them. I want to

1) remove the bootloader from the first disk
2) reformat the system partitions on the first disk
3) keep and expand the data partitions from the first disk

I know how to do 2 and 3, but I need to know how to do 1 without losing
the partition table.

The reason I need to remove the bootloader is that by default, the pc
boots from the first drive. I can display the boot order (F12) and select
the 2nd drive manually upon boot, and I can also probably change the boot
order in the bios, but I recon there must be a software way to remove the
bootloader.

Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

This may help: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-how-to-uninstall-grub/

Pls. see section "Using Linux"

Kind regards

Joachim Backes