Allegedly, on or about 12 April 2016, Amadeus W.M. sent:
> I have a pc which initially had a single drive with F23 installed on
> it, running perfectly. Now I just added a second drive and I installed
> again F23 on it, with the intent of using the first drive for data
> only. So now I have two perfectly good F23s installed on separate
> drives and I can boot either one of them. I want to
>
> 1) remove the bootloader from the first disk
> 2) reformat the system partitions on the first disk
> 3) keep and expand the data partitions from the first disk

Have you considered unplugging the drives, and re-plugging them in the
opposite order?  Of course that may entail fiddling with grub so drive 2
is drive 1, so to speak.

An alternative is to leave the bootloader as it is, use it to boot the
second drive with the OS, and simply use the rest of that drive for your
data, etc.  Proportionally speaking, the boot partition ought to small
enough to not worry too much over.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages

This email has been brought to you by beetwix. Mmm, spewy! Get some into
you today.