On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:25:52PM -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 04/11/2016 08:43 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> >I just installed simple-mtpfs and gat the following:
> >
> >[root@Box10 bobg]# simple-mtpfs -l
> >No raw devices found.
> >[root@Box10 bobg]# simple-mtpfs -l
> >No raw devices found.
> >
> You said it is a Nikon S3100?  I just checked the manual and the camera
> should support PTP and MTP.  Check the output of:

I too looked at a S3100 manual and found this strange footnote:

  Notes on Connecting the Camera to a Printer
  • When Auto is selected for Charge by computer, it may be impossible to
    print pictures with direct connection of the camera to some printers.
    If the PictBridge startup screen is not displayed in the monitor after
    the camera is connected to a printer and turned on, turn the camera off
    and disconnect the USB cable. Set Charge by computer to Off and
    reconnect the camera to the printer.

Perhaps check if your "Charge by computer" setting is auto and turn to off.

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com