On 05/27/2016 12:53 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 05/27/2016 12:44 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
I use Xfce so this may not apply, but have you saved your session?

I'm not sure about Mate, but IIRC, by default session info isn't saved
under Xfce unless you go into "Applications->Settings->Session and
Startup" and tick the "Save Session on Logout" box in the "General" tab
and either log out or go to the "Session" tab and click the "Save
Session" button (which I generally do any time I change stuff here).

I also use Xfce.  When you log out or restart, you're asked if you want
to save your session and, IIRC, it starts out checked.

That's if the "Prompt on logout" checkbox is ticked. To be honest, it's
been a LONG time since I did a fresh install of Xfce (my machines have
been updated out the wazoo), and I always have a backup of my home
directory so I can restore my stuff if things get ugly. As a result, I
don't recall how it looks by default.

                                                         Mostly I leave
it unchecked so that each session starts the way I expect it to, but if
I've made a change that I want to be sure gets kept, I'll check it, log
out and back in.

I want things to appear the way they were when last I logged in, so I
have both the "Prompt on logout" and "Automatically save session on logout" ticked. Belt and braces!

                 Still, it's quite possible that Mate is discarding
changes at the end of the session and it's a Good Idea to check.

Amen, bruddah!