On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 13:57:24 -0400
bruce wrote:

> I know, I could just chown, etc.. after the fact.. but I'd like to figure
> out how it should be done!!

I only know it is the most confusing NFS topic :-). It seems to work
OK if all the machines are getting their users from the same
source (NIS, LDAP, SSSD, something like that). There is some idmapd
thing that turns my brain to cheese when I try to read about it.

I have done desperate things like edit the /etc/idmapd.conf and
set Nobody-User and Nobody-Group to the user I happened to know
I wanted to own files because I could never get any other aspect
of idmapd to work :-(.