arrrgghh..

as a drop/kick..

I went into the test master/client
-changed the uid/gid for the test user user1 to be 600
usermod
groupmod

i didn't reboot

i shut down the nfs on the master
i did an unmount umount on the client, followed by a mount -a to reinvoke
the fstab

in the client fstab i have
#test to set the client nfs/mount
192.168.1.45:/cloud_crawl /cloud_crawl  nfs defaults 0 0  -o uid=600 -o
gid=600

on remounting the nfs share...

i still have a different user.. the initial user..

thoughts??!!