On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 08:42:31AM +0300, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> OK
>
> Thank you, I   got  a good explanation...
>
> But it is something that I yet don't understand:
>
> The command (...) is composed both with
>
> <*options* (-ld)>
>                and with
> <*argument* "/*" or "/*/">
>
> In my acknowledge, both the arguments of these commands ( "/*" or "/*/")
> refer to the *content of a directory*, and the -ld option should have to
> select only the subdirectories.
>
> Instead I get different output with "/*" or "/*/".
>
> What happen really ?

You misunderstood the "d" options.  It does NOT list only directories.
Instead, IF an argument is a directory it list the directory, not the
files in the directory.

  $ ls /etc      # lists what is in /etc
  $ ls -d /etc   # list /etc, not its contents

Jon

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com