On 08/23/2016 10:42 PM, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
The command (...) is composed both with

<*options* (-ld)>
               and with
<*argument* "/*" or "/*/">

In my acknowledge, both the arguments of these commands ( "/*" or "/*/")
refer to the _content of a directory_, and the-ld option should have to
select only the subdirectories.

Instead I get different output with "/*" or "/*/".

What happen really ?

Remember that the globs ("*") are interpreted by the shell, not ls. The ls command will not expand any wildcards. If you run "ls \*", you will almost certainly get an error of "file not found". The difference between "/*" and "/*/" is what the shell (bash) will pass as arguments to the ls command. The first one will include all files and directories in the root, the second one will only include the root directories. Now if you use the -d option, if there are any directories in the argument list, ls will show the directory entry instead of the contents of the directory.