Hi,

Some time ago I was using this device on the 2.4GHz channel (Linux has always refused to use the 5GHz channel, I say Linux, because Ubuntu has always refused to use the 5GHz channel as Fedora has always refused to) and when it was working it was via the ATH9K driver.

I switched the network to using Ethernet devices which are still working fine, but I wanted to go back to wifi again because the wifi throughput is potentially faster (the Ethernet devices sends/receives at 500Mbps whereas the 2.4GHz channel on wifi sends/receives at 600Mbps, if I could ever get the 5GHz channel working it sends/receives at 1300Mbps), but Networkmanager refuses to activate the wifi device now.

How do I identify whether its the 4.8 kernels which are the issue or whether its Networkmanager and how do I rectify the situation? I am using kde at the moment and I have cut and pasted the wifi password back into the Networkmanager definition, and had the new password stored in Kwallet, but Networkmanager still refuses to recognize that the device is a device it can connect to. I should also add that the device works fine under Windows 10.

regards,

Steve