On 03/22/2017 12:12 PM, stan wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:05:43 -0700
stan <stanl-fedorau...@vfemail.net> wrote:

One thing I know slows down browsing is the way sites outsource much
of their content.  The browser has to access many sites on the web to
put together a page for you to view.  Blocking this as much as
possible not only speeds up page loading, but also hinders tracking
sites.

A site I used to see a lot of was fonts.googleapis.com.  That hits both
of the above, slows down browsing

I was concerned about that too, but it turns out the typical webfont file coming from google is between 13k and 22k, with most fonts on the smaller side. Probably not the source of the slowdown. I'd be much more suspicious of the trackers and beacons that set up interactive connections that are left open. A 3k news article can easily pull in more than a meg of crap. I'd recommend the OP install some sort of plugin/extension that blocks autoplay. Makes a yuuuge difference.

Nonetheless, I'm on the side of there being some sort of dns issue, especially if using any ad blockers (404's, timeouts, etc).