On 04/05/2017 10:49 PM, Frédéric Bron wrote:
>> I often experience very slow internet surf. No idea where it comes
>> from, just that it started when I switched from opensuse to F25.
>>
>> Today, I may have obtained a clue:
>>
>> I normally use firefox.
>> Today I got the following issue:
>> - searched in google for "python os.path"
>> - clicked on the first linked https://docs.python.org/2/library/os.path.html
>> - nothing happened (tried many times)
>>
>> - I removed all firefox cookies and cache -> same issue
>> - I removed current firefox profile and created a new one -> same issue
>> - I tried the search on a windows computer + firefox on the same
>> internet connexion -> no issue
>> - I did the same on fedora with konqueror -> no issue
>> - again with konqueror -> got an error message:
>> "Adresse : https://docs.python.org/2/library/os.path.html
>> Protocole : https
>> Date et heure : mercredi 22 mars 2017 16:47
>> Informations complémentaires : Échec de la négociation SSL avec
>> docs.python.org"
>> Which means:
>> - again with konqueror -> error message:
>> "Address: https://docs.python.org/2/library/os.path.html
>> Protocol: https
>> Date and time: Wednesday 22nd March 2017 16:47
>> Additionnal informations: Failure of SSL transaction with docs.python.org"
>
> I have now the proof my connexion issues come from fedora.
> Today, again, from firefox, I could not reach this page:
> https://docs.python.org/2/library/shutil.html
> From konqueror, I couldn't reach it but got the same SSL error message.
>
> I tested the same page from a windows computer with firefox on the
> same internet access and the page came immediately.
>
> Where could it come from?

Before you condemn F25, try some other browser than Konqueror and make
sure you update your system fully. I just tested with Chrome and
Konqueror on F25 and it works fine. The SSL negotiation may have to do
with an outdated SSL or TLS library (that site uses TLS 1.2 and if all
you have is TLS 1.1 or 1.0 you could have an issue).