On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:54:42 -0400
Kevin Cummings <cummi...@kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:

> I last updated:
>
> Mar 27 01:01:34 INFO Upgraded: icoutils-0.31.3-1.fc24.x86_64
> Mar 27 01:01:35 INFO Cleanup: icoutils-0.31.2-1.fc24.x86_64

URL         : http://www.nongnu.org/icoutils/

Summary     : Utility for extracting and converting Microsoft icon and cursor
files

Description :

The icoutils are a set of programs for extracting and converting images in

Microsoft Windows icon and cursor files. These files usually have the

extension .ico or .cur, but they can also be embedded in executables or

libraries.

> Since then, dnf update aborts with:
>
> > *** Error in `/usr/bin/python3': realloc(): invalid next size:
> > 0x00005597a7b29670 *** ======= Backtrace: =========

That's a very large size, so it is obviously wrong.

> Anyone else seeing this?

No, and my F25 system updated just fine today.  It seems crazy that
icoutils would cause a problem in python3 / dnf.  Is there any chance
that your disks or memory are going flaky?

You could try downgrading to the previous version of the dnf packages
to see if it is a dnf error.  You would probably have to go to koji
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=14310
to get them at this point.  To see what packages you need, do a
dnf remove dnf
and make sure to hit NO. Look at the dependencies that would be erased,
and get all those packages from koji.

Or, just try a reinstall of dnf (and its dependent packages) to see if
that fixes the problem.