On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 03:03:32PM +0200, Dirk Gottschalk wrote:
> Hello Ralf.
>
> Am Samstag, den 07.10.2017, 14:43 +0200 schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> > On 10/07/2017 01:49 PM, Dirk Gottschalk wrote:
> > Try
> > touch tmp.c
> > arm-linux-gnu-gcc -v tmp.c
> > and check the search paths being reported.
>
> Thank you, this did the trick. The shown Path are wrong, or the rpm
> installed the files in the wrong paths, depends on how you look at it.
>
> Now i habe to figure out if i can correct the path in config, or i do a
> somple symlink on the fs. I hope this foxes the issue.
>

> > > So, my question is: Did i miss something?
>
> > Likely ;) Is your target running arm-linux-gnu or something else
> > (e.g.
> > bare metal, a different OS, ...)?
>
> My target is Linux, the Pi 3 is running Raspbian.
>

> > Normally, you need a toolchain specialized/dedicated to your target
> > and
> > can't use an arbitrary toolchain.
>
> Using autotools for this works for others, so the problem should be my
> configuration.
>
> > >  How do I use the cross compiler with
> > > autotools?
>
> > In an ideal world, exactly like you did. However, it's pretty likely
> > you
> > are tripping over bugs in your configure.ac.
>
> I have a very simple configure.ac, no special options, but this
> deserves a deeper look.
>

> > Also make sure NOT to have set CC, CFLAGS etc in your environment.
>
> These variables are unset in my Environment because I use autotools for
> all my Project. These variables are set temporarily by them.
>
> Thanks for you advice.

While I understand that your preference is to build on a linux
box other than the RPI, if you get sufficiently despearte, you
could install dev tools on the RPI and build there.

Compiling stuff on my RPI3 is reasonably fast (I haven't tried something
large like a kernel).

--
---- Fred Smith -- fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
                         While we were still sinners,