Good evening,

(f26; Gnome)  This past spring, with a lot of help from this list, I replaced
the dying hard drive on my home workstation.  But when I use the "disks" tool
to check the health of the new hard drive, smartmontools continues to report
test data from the old drive.  I've looked at the smartmontools web site, but I
don't see a way of telling smartmontools to update itself to the new drive.
I'm a home user with no real sys.admin., OS, or hardware training.  So please
spell it out clearly, in detail:

How do I make smartmontools (and the disks tool) aware of the hard drive
replacement and monitor the new hard drive properly?

Thank-you in advance.
Bill.