> Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:16:47 -0500
> From: bruce <badoug...@gmail.com>
>
> Given all the attributed for rsync...
>
> Is there an attribute or approach to allow/force rsync to redo a
> "complete" xfer of files..?
>
> I'm sure there is but I must be missing it..

The issue(s) that you seem to be encountering, as described in your
earlier message, aren't due to limitations in rsync. Rather that you
are trying to transfer files that your "basic user" doesn't have
control over (on either the source or target machine). If you did
this as root you would get rather closer to your goal.

>From a security and system stability perspective, there is no way
that any system should let a "basic user" do what you are trying to
accomplish.