On 02/25/18 09:46, Stephen Morris wrote:
> [   10.395281] razermouse: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
> [   10.395344] razermouse: module verification failed: signature and/or
> required
> key missing - tainting kernel
> [   10.874905] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
> [   10.874907] Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
> [  123.187478] CPU: 6 PID: 825 Comm: systemd-logind Tainted: P           OE
> 4.15.4-300.fc27.x86_64 #1
> [  123.194773] CPU: 3 PID: 655 Comm: nvidia-modeset Tainted: P        W  OE
> 4.15.4-300.fc27.x86_64 #1

Look that the "P", "W", "O", and "E" in the messages above and reference them to
those letters in the list in
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.15/admin-guide/tainted-kernels.html

Note the "time" in the message.  These are just more information being supplied
you.  They are informative.

> Why are the two cpu messages now coming out for the first time, has the last
> update
> introduced something that is now causing these messages to be produced or has
> there
> been additional functionality added to the kernel to produce them.
>
> Looking at the nvidia one, this one is probably understandable given that the
> nvidia drivers do taint the kernel, but I'm not sure where that module is
> coming
> from because when I use yumex to search for modeset I don't get any hits at
> all.
>
> The systemd one is a bit disconcerting, from the perspective of any kernel
> modules
> that systemd has I would have expected to be a native part of the kernel,
> hence
> wouldn't be causing any tainted, hence what is this logind binary module that
> is
> being inserted into the kernel to cause tainting?

The bottom line is, you're running a Wifi module and another module that you've
complied yourself, your running the nVidia driver.  Your kernel *is* tainted.
You
will/may get messages to that effect.  Why they come at times and why they
don't at
others is immaterial.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I'm not
interested in chasing that....and I won't

Unless you're system is failing.  Unless your wifi is broken.  Unless your
graphics
are freezing.  Your system is running just fine.

So, I'm pretty much at an end when it comes to this thread.  There are *no*
problems
to be solved.  So, your choice if you want to continue to worry about those
messages
and if/when they appear or don't appear.

So, I'm done.

--
A motto of mine is: When in doubt, try it out