On 04/05/2018 08:29 AM, Tim via users wrote:
Allegedly, on or about 4 April 2018, Sam Varshavchik sent:
I find Docbook XML to be irreplacable, when it comes to writing
technical documentation that serves as a single source of both manual
pages and publishable HTML.
I'm pretty sure I've looked at Docbook, though could have been another
thing.  But what I found when using *some* form of intermediate
language, that the conversions to other forms were not optimal.

I might write a page with headings and subheadings, properly in
sequence, and text between.

Like:

    <h1 id="pancakes">Pancakes</h1>

        <h2 id="ingredients">Ingredients</h2>

          <ul>
            <li>Flour</li>
            <li>Milk</li>
            <li>etc...</li>
          </ul>

         <h2 id="method">Method</h2>

And so on, and so forth...

Only to find out the translation has lost the context, converting plain
headings into stylised generic headings all of the same hierarchy.  Or
that straight-forward attributes (name="something") get butchered into
garbage (name="g12").

Or that your two languages have no overlap in being able to do the same
thing, albeit using different methods, and content gets butchered into
inappropriate simulations of what you were trying to do.

Thanks for the heads up!!