.

On this updated Fedora 27 with XFCE I have attempted to change the Plymouth screen several times, re-booted each time, and it always comes back with the same theme, I think it is called "spinner." I have another similarly configured computer and the same procedure worked without any problem.

bobg]# Plymouth-set-default-theme tribar -R

bobg]# Plymouth-set-default-theme
tribar

Although it shows the change to "tribar" it continues to display the original "spinner" when I reboot.

The man page shows no command for removing the existing theme?

It's a very minor problem but it should work on both of these computers, not just one ...

Any suggestions, other than forget it?

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA