On 04/25/2018 03:13 PM, home user via users wrote:
> Good inputs everyone.  Thank-you.
>
> I anticipated Brother would be one recommended company.  HP was slightly
> surprising.  Brother does offer LED printers and multi-functions.  I have not
> yet found any LED printers from HP.  Does HP make LED color printers and
> multi-functions?
>
> The only connection I'll want between workstation and printer is via USB
> cable.  No network.
>
> An HP laser desktop for 50-100?  Is that color, and is it multi-function?
>
> My experience with support matches that of ToddAndMargo.
>
> After doing back-ups this evening and upgrading to Fedora-27 tomorrow, I'll
> start searching Brother and HP.  I hope their searches are smarter than the
> job search in this state's job search site, and that I can find what I want
> without busting my budget too severely.

Don't forget to look at Xerox. One is the WorkCentre 6027. It's LED,
claims 1200 x 2400 dpi and their website has Linux drivers. I have no
experience with it, but it may fit the bill for you.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital    ri...@alldigital.com -
-  "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick"  -
-     themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."       -
-                                  -- Winston Churchill              -