On 20/4/18 12:46 am, digimer wrote:
On 2018-04-19 10:36 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
Once you select the user to log in as there's a dropdown menu (I forget what it's called I'm at work) that lets you select your session type (Gnome/Wayland or Gnome/Xorg) or whatever desktop managers you have installed.

Richard

That only shows "Gnome" or "Gnome Classic" on my system. Using a pretty stock Fedora install, though it's been upgrade from two or three previous releases to F27.

digimer

I now use kdm as my display manager, gdm had issues with wayland, and it shows me 3 gnome options (I did have one of these removed by disabling wayland as specified in a previous thread, but a subsequent update seems to have put it back again), which indicate that in your case you potentially are using wayland and not Xorg. The 3 options I have are "Gnome", "Gnome Classic" and "Gnome on Xorg", of which the first is wayland. I disabled wayland originally because it had huge performance issues with gdm and gnome. I am using kde as it still only runs under Xorg, there is no implementation for Wayland yet.

regards,

Steve