On 05/08/18 12:38, Rick Stevens wrote:
I have seen the same behavior under F27 and F28 using Xfce and USB
drives (the desktop freezes until the drive gets ejected--a manual
umount as root from the CLI completes immediately).

"a manual umount as root from the CLI completes immediately)." Sure enough,
that works right away! It never occurred to me to try that!

I don't believe it to be a filesystem or hardware issue--it seems to be
something with the desktop and file manager. I had intended to test it
with KDE on the same platform but haven't had a chance to get to it.
Yes, it's really just an annoyance and I just resigned myself to do something else while it unmounts.

Thanks for the work-around, I'll just do that, in fact that seems as easy as using the icon.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD