On Mon, 2018-07-16 at 06:26 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 07/16/2018 04:46 AM, Tom Yates wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Where do I set how many kernels to keep? If I have to fall back to
17.3, I am going to have more than 3 available...

As I understand it, it's

installonly_limit=3

in /etc/yum.conf .

Thanks.  In F28 that is:  /etc/dnf/dnf.conf

Upped mine to 5 for now.

Ditto, though it would be nice to be able to mark a specific kernel as
non-removable, rather than just relying on the window not overflowing.

As long as you are using the kernel you want to keep at the time you upgrade, it will not get removed. The next oldest one will be removed instead. Or you could just manually remove one of the other ones.