> On Fri, 2019-02-01 at 17:55 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> They both show *the same MAC address*: 52:54:00:8b:88:60, which looks
>> at least suspicious.
> Correction: the address being shown (while arp is still working) is
> that of the gateway, so naturally it's the same in both guests.

OK, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Yes, arp should return the MAC addresses of the gateway.  And, incomplete does
confirm
that communication has been lost between the guest and the gateway.

Ahh.....can't think of what to try next.

--
Right: I dislike the default color scheme Wrong: What idiot picked the default
color scheme